FAVOR CHURCH, including any related bodies corporate, is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information obtained from individuals. This statement deals with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as well as access to personal information and security issues. We review our policy regularly and train paid staff and volunteers to protect the privacy of those attending the church and church activities. Our privacy officer is Ben Dolling – 07 33984525.
Collection of Personal Information
The type of personal information that FAVOR CHURCH collects about you depends on the transactions you undertake with the organization. For example, we will collect personal information from you if you:
- Join Favor Church as a member
- Register for Seminars, Camps and other Church-run activities
- Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
- Register at the Favor Church website
- Request personalised counselling advice.
Generally speaking, the purpose of collection and the minimum information you need to provide to Favor Church, will be conveyed to you at the time of collection. If you choose not to provide personal information requested, Favor Church may not be able to provide you with the product/services you require.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- Provide the products and services you have requested
- Administer and manage Missionary, Alpha, Life Steps, Youth and other designated offerings.
- Gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for Favor Church to provide you with a better service.
- Conduct market research in order to identify and analyse the ongoing needs of Favor Church Members
- Disclose information to partners regarding prayer requests
- Provide information to ensure compliance with Favor Church Constitution (in the case of members)
- Provide you with access to and information about a range of current and future church or ministry events
- Use photographs and names in church advertising brochures
When we disclose your personal information
For the purpose set out above, Favor Church may disclose your personal information to third party organisations. The organisations to which Favor Church discloses information may include:
- External service providers to whom Favor Church has contracted out functions, such as printers, mailing houses, advertising agencies, campsite proprietors but only for the purpose of providing the service Favor Church has contracted out
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorized by law.
- Favor Church professional advisers including insurance brokers and legal representatives.
- Favor Church related organisations
You may at any time opt out of certain service offerings. For more information contact the church office.
Favor Church takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. We recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information;
- Keep us up-to-date with changes to your information.
Favor Church will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Favor Church processes tithes, donations and other payments using EFTPOS and ONLINE technologies. All transactions processed by Favor Church meet industry security standards to ensure donors details and payments are protected. For further information about our security procedures and payment processes contact the church office.
Favor Church personnel are trained to treat members and other individual’s information with the utmost confidentiality.
Access/Correction of your personal information
Individuals will be able to access and/or correct their personal information by contacting the church office.
Upon request Favor Church will provide you with access to your personal information, within 7-14 days, subject to exceptions stated in the Privacy Act.
If you would like access and/or require correction of your personal information, please make your request in writing for security reasons.